Of course, we all know I don't like wasted food. So, I did some experimenting and found out a few things about my kids and dinner:
- Late dinners = peaceful nights - I've been slowly moving their dinnertime later and later as an experiment to see if a late dinner would make bedtime easier. Well, it didn't quite fix our bedtime issues..but they are better behaved during that chaotic time after dinner when everyone's tired.
- My kids would be happy if I made hamburger patties every night for them. Those plates always come back clean as a whistle. (That's not going to happen anytime soon but they can dream!)
- They don't like anything mixed in with their protein. If I'm fixing chicken and cabbage with butter sauce for dinner, I make the chicken and sauce first and then pull their chicken out of the pan before I add my cabbage.
- Broccoli goes down my kids' throats easier with lots of butter and pepper. Yum!
- Fried potatoes are the elixir of happiness for my kids. Though they're not "paleo", we still eat potatoes every once in a while, fried hard in a lot of saturated fats so they're like little cubed french fries. Yeah, I spoil them...